3 Books I’d Sell My Soul to Read for the First Time Again

3 Books I’d Sell My Soul to Read for the First Time Again

Greetings from the beyond, I’m Mattox, posting the first blog on The Giggity Goobers, and I’m ecstatic to share three books I would do anything to read for the first time again.

1. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None’s book cover (Source)


Agatha Christie, a literary icon, claimed the third spot in her era, surpassed only by the timeless classics, the Bible and Shakespeare. Her ingenious approach to Murder Mysteries set her apart, as each captivating tale introduced a fresh, unanticipated concept. Among her most beloved works, "And Then There Were None" stands out, guiding readers through the gripping odyssey of ten unacquainted individuals lured to a secluded island in Devonshire, England. The audience relishes in the unraveling of their sanity as they are picked off one by one. Now, who’s the murderer? Only time will tell. 

2. They All Fall Down by Rachel Howzel Hall

Amazon.com: They All Fall Down: A Thriller: 9780765398147: Hall, Rachel  Howzell: Books

They All Fall Down’s book cover (Source)


They All Fall Down by Rachel Howzel Hall takes the murder mystery genre by storm as the audience is taken through Miriam Macy’s life as she travels to a remote island in the Pacific with seven total strangers. The reader can have the delight of observing the characters' mental deterioration and the unveiling of their sinister hidden truths,with the book taking inspiration from the novel And Then There Were None. The book is a truly wonderful read, and with Hall’s astounding word choices, it truly is captivating. But be warned, there is foul language, including one, maybe two instances of the n-word. So be warned. 

3. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson

Book review: A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder’s cover art plus background decoration (Source)

The novel A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson follows the life of Pippa Fitz-Amobi on her journey to find the killer of Andie Bell, a murdered girl five years ago in the book, despite the connotation that Sal Singh, Andie’s old boyfriend, had committed the crime and then proceeded to commit suicide a day later. Jackson’s storytelling throughout the literary piece is impeccable, throwing in bits and pieces of the murder letting the audience attempt to guess the conclusion and then completely disrupting it when a new piece of evidence gets thrown into the mix. And this is the same for the other two books within the trilogy: Good Girl, Bad Blood and As Good as Dead. Now, who murdered Andie Bell? And what exactly happened that night?

This brings me to the end of this week’s blog, with three captivating and fast-paced novels. I will also leave some alternative great reads below (of course they’re murder mystery), but now, I bid you adieu.

14 Ways to Die by Vincent Ralph

How to SurviveYour Murder by Danielle Valentine

Killer Content by Kiley Roache

Never Coming Home by Kate Williams

The Last Witness by Claire McFall

They’ll Never Catch Us by Jessica Goodman

One of Us is Lying Series by Karen M. McManus

The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie

Cover: Stack of murder mystery/thriller books in front of window (Source: me)

Comments

  1. Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely check them out! Also, your summaries of the books were very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness all these books look so good. Thank you for adding more books to my ever-growing list of books to lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mattox! I've always been into murder mysteries but have never had anyone to recommend specific novels to me. This list is super helpful, and I will definitely use these suggestions in the future! I think I'm going to start with A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, and I'd love to talk with you about the book once I finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing the "And Then There Were None" description. Has peaked my interest. I like murder mystery titles and this book seems very interesting. I would love to check this book out and read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should probably try reading a murder mystery book sometime. Thanks for giving me books in a new genre for me to check out! Your descriptions of the books were also really vivid and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never gotten into the murder mystery genre, as I prefer a build up of tension in the setting and between characters as the suspense ramps up in a story. However, the suspense of a murder mystery is both enticing and exciting, which I don't encounter often in my choice of literature. I think I might give these a try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look and sound amazing, I am not surprised that you like them so much. do you have a copy of They All Fall Down? it looks interesting and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I don't have a copy (got it from the library), but you could probably find it from the school library, or any library you have access to :)

      Delete
  8. I read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and One Of Us Is Lying but I haven't read any of the others on your list. They sound good though, and I think I will read And Then They Were None first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) All of the books within this article are actual bangers. You should totally read all of them :)

      Delete
  9. This was a really fun post to read! I liked all the pictures you added. I haven't read many murder mystery books, but it sounds like an interesting genre. I've heard a lot of people recommend A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, so I guess I should finally read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder is a great read! At my old school, there was a phase where it was the 'in' book lol
      You should definitely read it!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the amazing book recommendations. I will have to check these out as I am also a big fan of a good Murder Mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mattox!!! Your writing style is so fun! Your style contains many descriptive, and advanced words, but your ability to categorize and organize them in such a fluid way lets your point be taken on so many more different levels! You are the writer I am aspiring to try to be, you basically made your own style, and you succeeded beyond it. I will be waiting for your next one, and I'll be taking some notes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these books before, but they all sound really interesting. I'm a fan of murder mysteries so I'll have to check these out. A Good Girls Guide to Murder is a book that I've wanted to read for a while, so thank you for your opinion on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mattox,
    I read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder before, and I really liked it too! In fact, this book got me interested in the murder mystery genre. Since reading A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I've read books like The Good Girls and The Headmaster's List. The rest of the books you recommended also sound interesting, so I'll check them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mattox, thank you for all these great recommendations! I have to admit I haven't heard about many of these books, though I have read One of us is Lying; I enjoyed the book but considered it more of a drama than mystery. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Mattox! Thank you for the book recommendations! I've never really read any murder mystery books but I would be interested to give them a try! I think I might check out And Then There Were None.... Great blog post and thanks for extending my already long list of books I need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the recommendations! I really enjoyed reading A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and your summary is really great! I will check the other books out too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yo Mattox, thanks for the recommendations and reviews and every one else for the reviews! I will probably read A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder as many good reviews from y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man. Anyone can wear the mask

Reviewing Norse Mythology